Providing Art Therapy for children, teens and adults across the Sunshine Coast.
A safe space to share, create and learn strategies to help you thrive.
ART THERAPY CAN HELP
Art therapy brings together the arts and psychotherapy to engage the brain, body and imagination.
Focussing on self expression, sharing thoughts and feelings and discovering creative solutions to our everyday challenges, art therapy can be a joyful experience for anyone.
Benefits can include:
• Promoting bonding between pregnant mothers and their unborn baby helping to reduce anxiety and stress.
• Helping children meet developmental and academic goals
• Improving communication, mood, and motor skills in people with traumatic brain injuries.
• Promotion of positive parenting and improve parent/child interactions.
• Reduction in pain and anxiety for palliative care patients.
• An improvement in mood in people with dementia.
• Supporting mental health recovery
My approach to art therapy is trauma informed, strengths based and family focused and provided in the non-clinical environment of my studio, your local community building or even in your home. Using techniques from my toolkit of psychodynamic art therapy, sensorimotor art therapy, Theraplay and sandplay therapy, I will be your creative mentor, witness and advocate, inviting you to harness both your personal and community resources for healing and self discovery, in the context of a reparative therapeutic relationship.
“When I made art I felt like a sleeping part inside me woke up” Debs, 45 years.